When unaddressed, picky eating can create major stress within a family. Unfortunately, strategies commonly used to encourage healthy eating such as "no thank you bites" or "dinner before dessert" eventually backfire and have been shown to create pickier eaters! Enroll in this informative course to learn an evidence-based approach for raising competent, healthy eaters. You'll learn a proven approach for feeding your children that addresses common feeding challenges such as food refusals and children's food demands. The course is designed to guide you step-by-step through adoption of the proven approach at home. You'll reverse picky eating and the stress that comes along with it! Based on her years of experience helping many families, Danielle Shea Tan, functional family nutritionist and founder of Healthy Mamas for Happy Families, created this course to transform your meal times forever!
Our SELF STUDY program includes:
- Lifetime Access to Stop Picky Eating with Love, Patience and a Proven Approach 9-Module Online Program
- A 6-Week Plan for Reversing Picky Eating
- Downloadable PDF of Common Mealtime Challenges and How to Handle Them
- Downloadable Meal Planning Template for Supporting Picky Eating
Our COACHED program (the most popular option) includes all benefits and functionality of the SELF STUDY program, PLUS the following support and bonus content provided by Danielle:
- Lifetime Access to Private Facebook Live Q and A with Danielle **
- Lifetime Access to "Stop Picky Eating" Private Facebook Community **
- Additional Trainings and Tips in the Private Facebook Community **
Our VIP EXPERIENCE program includes all benefits and functionality of the SELF STUDY and COACHED programs, PLUS the following private support and bonus content provided by Danielle:
- Personalized 6 Week Picky Eating Plan Designed for Your Unique Family to Overcome Picky Eating +
- Two-30-Minute Private Sessions (via Video Conference) with Danielle +
** only available to COACHED and VIP clients
+ only available to VIP clients
Danielle Shea Tan is a Functional Nutritionist, Certified Holistic Health Coach, Writer and Consultant focused on family health. She is a frequent speaker, writer and consultant for centers of maternal wellness and child development on topics of pre/postnatal/pediatric nutrition and holistic health. She has an M.B.A., a Masters in Nutrition and Integrative Health and is certified by the American Academy of Drugless Practitioners. Her blog is healthymamas.com/blog.She lives in Greater Boston with her family.
- Welcome and Getting Started
- Welcome (video)
- How to Use this course
- Your Six Week Plan for Reversing Picky Eating
- Feeding and Eating Beliefs
- Understanding your feeding and eating beliefs
- Exploring the relationship with food
- Define a competent eater
- Video recap: Food relationships and competent eating (video)
- Define your feeding and eating legacy
- Goals for Success
- What are realistic goals for the program? (video)
- Set your goals
- Learn DOR: The Proven Model for Raising Competent Eaters
- What is the DOR model?
- Common feeding approaches that conflict with the DOR model (video)
- Using DOR in your home
- Getting started (video)
- Communication is key (video)
- Including family members and childcare providers
- Keys to Success: Steps #1 and #2
- Step 1 overview (video)
- Step 2 overview (video)
- Check-in after two weeks of using these new keys
- Moving forward (video)
- Keys to Success: Steps #3 - #7
- Step 3 overview
- Download our MEAL PLANNING TEMPLATE for supporting picky eaters
- DONE FOR YOU meal planning template for family with picky eater
- Step 4 overview (video)
- Step 5 overview (video)
- Step 6 overview (video)
- Step 7 overview (video)
- Check-in after you have implemented all keys to success for at least two weeks
- Guidelines on staying the course (video)
- Download COMMON MEALTIME CHALLENGES and how to handle them
- Step 3 overview
- What if my child doesn't eat?
- What if my child has inconsistent food preferences?
- What if a parent or caregiver has selective food preferences?
- What if my child begs for alternative foods?
- What if my child throws tantrums about food?
- How do I handle the model in restaurants?
- How do I handle the model outsides the home (e.g., a friend's house)?
- What if my child is obsesses with treats?
- What if my child will not sit at the table to eat?
"After just one day of implementing your method my kids made amazing choices at meal time!! They LOVED serving themselves. Our 3-year-old actually proclaimed “I get to choose my own food!” Our oldest also mentioned that she’d like to start preparing a meal a week which just made me realize that putting the control of choice back in their hands was a total confidence boost as well as a stimulant and newfound curiosity and interest in meal times! I wish I would have stopped regulating sooner. Thank you!
- Cristie Beauford, Mama of 3 Children ages 20 mos, 3 yrs and 6 yrs.